DriverApply for this job
Job Category:Logistics and Supply Chain
Duty Station:Kampala, UG
Salary Scale:Not Specified
Deadline:Nov 20, 2021 04:00 PM
Number of Positions:1
Age Limit:Not Specified
Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting Driver for our program in Uganda to be based at Kampala Office You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
Reporting to the Head Driver, the Driver will be responsible for driving and maintaining ALIGHT vehicles within and outside Kampala Office as per technical guidance and specifications established by the organization.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive assigned vehicle in safe manner and on movement schedules as directed by your supervisor.
- Drive organizational vehicles in strict adherence to the laws governing road safety for other motorists, cyclists, pedestrians and passengers.
- Maintain assigned vehicle in good working condition through daily routine checks on battery, water, oil, lighting, etc.
- Keeps assigned vehicle full of fuel, oil, water and other lubricants, and account to your supervisor for onward reporting.
- Keep and maintain motor vehicle Log Book.
- Wash, clean and make the vehicle tidy for use.
- Make weekly, or where necessary instant, reports to your supervisor regarding mechanical status of the allocated vehicle.
- Assist in identifying and carrying out minor motor vehicle repairs.
- Keep charge of the motor vehicle accessories kept in the allocated vehicle.
- Assist program staff in program activities whenever necessary.
Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- A minimum of Ordinary Level Education.
- Certificate in Defensive Driving
- Must hold a valid driving license with classes B, CM, DL and CH with at least with at least 5 years driving experience.
- Experience in working with multi-cultural environments.
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Any form of canvassing in the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
"By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that ALIGHT is committed to ensure compliance of its code of conduct by staff and any other persons working on behalf of ALIGHT with zero tolerance to GBV acts and Protection against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. ALIGHT requires its staff and any other person working on behalf of ALIGHT to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse and any nature of exploitation. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding related topics".