SGBV OfficerApply for this job
Duty Station:Rwamwanja, UG
Salary Scale:Not Specified
Deadline:Jan 17, 2022 05:00 PM
Number of Positions:1
Age Limit:Not Specified
Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting SGBV Officer for our programs in Uganda to be based at Rwamwanja Office. You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
Reporting to the Protection Manager, the SGBV Officer will be responsible for planning and implementation of prevention and response GBV activities, capacity building of partners, staff and community based GBV structures, assessments, budget management and effective coordination. He or she will lead and coordinate Alight’s field-level GBV program with the objective of preventing violence and discrimination and providing timely and effective responses to survivors of GBV. The Officer contributes to the development of a multi-sectoral SGBV program as part of a broader protection strategy that is solutions-oriented and based on a community-centered approach to assisting populations of concern. The incumbent must also have the ability to forge strong partnerships with government entities, other UN agencies, and NGOs to facilitate the operation’s overall protection objectives.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Overall responsible for planning and implementation of GBV prevention and response activities in line with the organization’s strategy and program documents and in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Plan and conduct training and mentorship of GBV staff and community-based structures to deliver quality GBV services to survivors.
- Oversee, at site level, case management activities for GBV response, ensuring adherence to SOPs
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of all case management files.as per SOPs for file management
- Ensure referral pathways are maintained and updated regularly as per SOP- monthly. Map existing services to address SGBV in the various affected areas, including identifying community capacities and structures for potential partnership, particularly with non-traditional partners and local-level supporters in the fight against GBV.
- Develop approaches to community awareness activities, ensuring that outreach to refugees in settlements is targeted, strategic, and consistent.
- Apply SASA! Methodology ensuring clear workplans are developed, implemented and reported on depending of SASA Together phase as per standard SASA methodology and guidance
- Representation of Alight in the sector-based coordination meetings and other activities at the coordination levels.
- In close collaboration with the other sector program teams, establish multi-sectoral SGBV prevention and response mechanisms to ensure that they are mainstreamed in mid- to long-term sector planning.
- Provide leadership to site-level GBV / Protection coordination meetings and events, providing updates on ALIGHT activities, disseminating best practices, and working with partners to troubleshoot issues in real-time.
- Provide leadership to other GBV staff, following work plans as well as develop and support effective community-level mechanisms in a position to contribute to Alight’s objective in GBV sector work.
- Conduct needs / gaps and capacity assessments on GBV in close coordination stakeholders and refugee clients, ensuring proper targeting of interventions.
- Provide regular feedback to the Protection Manager on progress, lessons learned, achievements, gaps and other problems for timely response.
- Document GBV sector monthly reports with in depth analysis on progress against indicators.
- Under the supervision of the Protection Manager, contribute to drafting concept papers and proposal development.
Staff development and management:
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership for the GBV staff and community based structures within the operational area.
- Develop staff performance measurement and targets and appraise them based on the set targets.
- Conduct daily field visits to support GBV response and prevention assistant - mentoring - through technical back stopping and to train duty bearers.
- Uphold ’s code of conduct and principles on accountability.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Contribute to the daily quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects and interventions.
- Identify, document and disseminate relevant project success, challenges and follow up on implementation of project’s action points
- Assist in participatory needs/vulnerability and capacity assessments of affected communities
- Participate in project evaluations and assist in the analysis of results.
- University degree in Social Sciences, Community Psychology, and/or Social Work or related field required;
- At least 3 years’ experience working with GBV Survivors, preferably in refugee settings;
- Direct counseling experience with GBV Survivors preferable;
- Knowledge of SASA! methodology essential;
- Ability to conduct comprehensive interviews and provide accurate assessments essential;
- Experience promoting community-level behavior change targeting prevention of SGBV essential, particularly experience based on activation of community-level structures, refugee leadership bodies, etc.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports for both internal and external use essential;
- Experience managing project work flow, development of project work plans, and carrying out on site monitoring and evaluation of works conducted essential;
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English and the language of the local population.
- Motorbike riding experience and permit preferable.
- Candidates from Kamwenge region who can speak Swahili and the local languages are most prefered.
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Any form of canvassing in the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
"By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that ALIGHT is committed to ensure compliance of its code of conduct by staff and any other persons working on behalf of ALIGHT with zero tolerance to GBV acts and Protection against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. ALIGHT requires its staff and any other person working on behalf of ALIGHT to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse and any nature of exploitation. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding related topics".