Stores Assistant - Distribution StoreApply for this job
Job Category:Logistics and Supply Chain
Duty Station:Kyangwali, UG
Salary Scale:900,000 - 1,100,000
Deadline:Jun 22, 2022 05:00 PM
Number of Positions:1
Age Limit:Not Specified
Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting Stores Assistant - Distribution Store for our program in Uganda to be based at Kyangwali Office. You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
Reporting to the Logistics Officer - Distribution Store, the Stores Assistant - Distribution Store will ensure proper Store management in line with ALIGHT Inventory policy requirements, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), supervise loading and offloading of goods, and manage all stores related documentation.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive supplies and equipment procured and delivered to the field site/locations for program activities.
- Inspect deliveries to confirm that materials delivered conform to the details of the Purchase Order, Delivery Note and or Way Bill and that they are free of any damage before accepting them into the store.
- Write out a Goods Received Note (GRN) for every consignment received.
- Prepare payment request vouchers for goods delivered, ensuring that all the relevant documents required have been attached. Ensure that the vouchers are approved and payments issued out to suppliers.
- Make entries onto all stock control records (Warehouse Register, Bin Cards, and Stock Cards).
- Ensure that the store is tidy and well-arranged all the time to ease removal of or getting in materials and or movement of people.
- Ensure safety and security of stores, equipment and materials kept in the store.
- Issue supplies and materials from the stores as per the duly authorized Stores Release Forms (SRF).
- Write out a Way Bill for materials being transported out from the store to the field site.
- Keep track of office supply levels and alert the inform you supervisor before stocks of particular items run out, and make orders for replenishment.
- Periodically carry out self-auditing to ensure that correct records are kept and systems and procedures are followed.
- Maintain and update goods information/record system for easy reference (copies of all relevant documentation including delivery notes, requisition notes, purchase orders, and shipment, reports, etc.)
- Control access to stores and ensure that only authorized personnel enter stores.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Logistics/Procurement /Business Administration or related field.
- 2 years of experience in supply chain management with good understanding of donor and INGO procedures,
- Strong organizational skills;
- Computer literate with hands on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Any form of canvassing in the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
"By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that ALIGHT is committed to ensure compliance of its code of conduct by staff and any other persons working on behalf of ALIGHT with zero tolerance to GBV acts and Protection against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. ALIGHT requires its staff and any other person working on behalf of ALIGHT to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse and any nature of exploitation. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding related topics"QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY".