Community Based Protection Officer -Sports DevelopmentApply for this job
Duty Station:Nakivale, UG
Salary Scale:Not Specified
Deadline:Jun 10, 2022 05:00 PM
Number of Positions:1
Age Limit:Not Specified
Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting Community Based Protection Officer -Sports Development for our program in Uganda to be based at Nakivale (1 position) Office. You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
Reporting to the Community Based Protection Manager, the Community Based Protection Officer -Sports Development will ensure quality sports for peace and protection outcomes by drawing from synergies with the larger community protection components and providing support to youth groups.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Project development, implementation and reporting:
- Under the supervision of the Community Based Protection Manager - Sports Development, contribute to drafting concept papers and proposal development.
- Lead the process of yearly/ quarterly and monthly plans for the project
- Make sure that all projects and activities adhere to the standards and or principles of the respective thematic areas as well as ALIGHT guidelines and accountability standards and national sporting guidelines.
- Facilitate community youth-led sports tournament and galas to create awareness on protection with specific emphasis on gender rights and the protection referral pathways
- Support and conduct sports events for (Persons with Disability - PWDs) and use them as avenues to promote inclusion of PWDs and other vulnerable groups
- Support and facilitate youth groups with sports material and logistical support to aid in tournaments
- With support from the Community Based Protection Manager-Sports Development, support and facilitate youth groups to participate in regional sports events.
- Support advocacy and awareness-raising by youth groups on thematic areas (peace, team building) through sports events.
- Facilitate community-led awareness sessions and media campaigns (radio talk shows, spot messages and road drives); integrated messages on thematic areas
- Facilitate friendly matches between the refugees’ teams and teams from the host community
- Capacity building of group leaders on thematic areas (leadership, AGD, mentorship, life skills, PSEA); roll-out to group members
- Identification and facilitation of iconic sports personnel and player scouts/teams across the region to enable them mobilize their peers for talent development, life skilling and participation in sports activities.
- Ensure a weekly monitoring of protection trend in the settlement and share reports with the supervisor.
- Contribute in preparation of monthly and weekly activity and spending plans.
- Contribute in drafting weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports.
- Spontaneously draft and share flash reports on major protection incidents and risks.
Coordination and representation:
- Develop relationships with a range of key stakeholders, Local Government and other stakeholders including but not limited to the local leadership structures, Nakivale Football Association, Isingiro District Football Association among others on the sports for peace and protection thematic area at the field level in close liaison with the Community Based Protection Manager -Sports Development.
- Represent ALIGHT and participate actively in the local working groups and any other meeting as requested.
- Close co-ordination in project implementation with partners (UN agencies and national/international NGOs), including referrals, community services gap analysis, advocacy.
- Work closely with the other program components to maximize program output and impact.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Contribute to the daily quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects and interventions.
- Identify, document and disseminate relevant project success, challenges and follow up on implementation of project’s action points
- Participate in project evaluations and assist in the analysis of results.
- On request perform any other additional duties assigned by the supervisors in order to allow the organization to function optimally.
- Uphold ’s code of conduct and principles on accountability.
- Adhere to ALIGHT’s code of conduct.
Qualifications and experience:
- A university degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Adult and Community Education, Social Work and Social Administration, Community Psychology or any related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Community Services or community development interventions.
- Experience in participatory methods for community education and mobilization.
- Diplomacy and assertiveness; the ability to confront and discuss sensitive issues with respect.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Any form of canvassing in the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
\\\\\\\\\\\\"By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that ALIGHT is committed to ensure compliance of its code of conduct by staff and any other persons working on behalf of ALIGHT with zero tolerance to GBV acts and Protection against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. ALIGHT requires its staff and any other person working on behalf of ALIGHT to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse and any nature of exploitation. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding related topics\\\\\\\\\\\\". \\\\\\\\\\\\"QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY’’