Livelihoods AssistantApply for this job
Duty Station:Nakivale, Kyangwali, Oruchinga, Kyaka II & Rwamwan, UG
Salary Scale:900,000 - 1,100,000
Deadline:Aug 16, 2022 05:00 PM
Number of Positions:5
Age Limit:Not Specified
Download Job DetailsDownload File
Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting Livelihoods Assistant for our program in Uganda to be based at Kyangwali Office (1 position), Nakivale (1 position), Kyangwali (1 position), Kyaka II (1 position) and Rwamwanja (1 position). You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
Reporting to the Livelihoods Officer, the Livelihoods Assistant will be responsible for providing support on all ALIGHT refugee and host community livelihoods sector activities. He/She will work hand in hand with the Livelihoods Officer ensuring that livelihoods activities are conducted as planned, present real and sustainable opportunities to refugees and host communities, and retain links to local and regional markets in a bid to increase sustainability and scalability of ALIGHT’s livelihoods activities, particularly business development and promotion. This role’s deliverables will support the Livelihood Officer in the development and implementation of joint host-community-refugee community livelihoods programming.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Livelihood Intervention development and implementation
- Support the Livelihood Officer in the development and implementation of livelihood interventions spanning across agricultural practices, VSLA, business development and management, cash-based interventions and ALIGHT’s safe riders
- Support the Livelihood Officer with the processes by which livelihoods groups develop viable business, savings, and expenses plans, with heavy focus on integration of livelihoods activities in local markets, both refugee and host community, and, where relevant, regional markets
- Support the Livelihood Officer in ensuring the consultation with community-level leadership, that livelihoods activities slated for implementation are culturally relevant, effective, and reflective of community-level planning for livelihoods promotion
Monitoring, reporting and evaluating livelihood interventions:
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of livelihoods activities planning and implementation, with a focus on identification of potential markets for livelihoods beneficiaries and the regular and active monitoring of livelihoods group income level, savings plans, and reinvestment planning to promote business growth and increased income for beneficiaries
- Support in the development and implementation of livelihoods assessments, rapid surveys, and provide insight on opportunities for livelihoods promotion which reflect local capacities, resources, and aspirations of beneficiaries
Reporting and Accountability
- Support the Livelihoods Officer by monitoring the use of materials provided to livelihoods beneficiaries, and ensure via frequent site visits the proper application of livelihoods implements by beneficiaries
- Support the Livelihoods Officer in the quality monthly progress reports for submission to donors and stakeholders, with an emphasis on concise quality reporting of both challenges and achievements within the sector works
- Support the Livelihoods Officer in ensuring that financial team requirements for livelihood activities are completed as required.
- Support the Livelihoods Officer in livelihoods proposal development and partnership establishment/maintenance
- Support the Livelihoods Officer in participating in livelihoods working groups / coordination groups at settlement level
Perform any other professional duties assigned, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Community or Rural Development, Agricultural Development, Business, or related field.
- Three (3) years working experience in Livelihoods programming.
- Specific experience in micro-enterprise development, market-oriented livelihoods promotion, and other innovative approached to humanitarian livelihoods service delivery is an advantage
- Experience in project report writing.
- Knowledge in tracking relevant livelihoods indicators in real time to enable achievement of livelihoods activities
- Experience working with the forming and monitoring of livelihoods groups and activities is essential;
- Knowledge of VSLA, SACCO, and other savings and loan models is essential;
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Language skills of populations ALIGHT serves and surrounding host communities is extremely beneficial (e.g. Kiswahili, Luo, Nuer, Kinyarwanda, Somali, etc.)
- Must have Motorbike riding experience with a valid permit.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal skills;
- High level of integrity, accountability and responsibility;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability and inclination to work in / with teams;
- High level of self-drive, discipline and desire to achieve;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, hit deadlines, and produce high-quality outputs.
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Any form of canvassing in the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification. "By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that ALIGHT is committed to ensure compliance of its code of conduct by staff and any other persons working on behalf of ALIGHT with zero tolerance to GBV acts and Protection against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. ALIGHT requires its staff and any other person working on behalf of ALIGHT to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse and any nature of exploitation. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding related topics". "QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY".