Operations AssistantApply for this job
Job Category:Logistics and Supply Chain
Duty Station:Kyaka II & Kyangwali, UG
Salary Scale:900,000 - 1,100,000
Deadline:Aug 16, 2022 05:00 PM
Number of Positions:2
Age Limit:Not Specified
Download Job DetailsDownload File
Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting Operations Assistant for our program in Uganda to be based at Kyaka II (1 position) and Kyangwali (1 position). You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
Reporting to the Operations Officer, the Operations Assistant will be responsible for overseeing logistics, administrative and security support cells of ALIGHT Uganda Program. He/she will ensure effective and efficient support services to ALIGHT’s programs, ensure that ALIGHT’s and other applicable procedures and regulations relating to logistics, security and administration are complied with.
istribution Store, the Stores Assistant - Distribution Store will ensure proper Store management in line with ALIGHT Inventory policy requirements, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), supervise loading and offloading of goods, and manage all stores related documentation.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Premises and Compound Management
- Ensure that all ALIGHT premises are managed in accordance with ALIGHT procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure proper documentation of maintenance needs in coordination with the field operations staffs.
- Follow up repairs and maintenance of the office in relation to plumbing, painting, basic electricity, carpentry, basic masonry and other technical work in coordination with the Operations Officer, Admin Assistant and Team Leader.
- Suggest possible maintenance or rehabilitation works of the offices and staff residences in consultations with the Operations Officer and Team Leader.
- Ensure the follow up of each works within ALLIGHT Uganda Country Office premises accordance to contract terms and conditions.
- Together with the Operations Officer, discuss and plan possible compound maintenance or rehabilitation works agreement with the Team Leader or his appointee.
- Ensure regular health and safety checks carried out of the offices (e.g. fire extinguishers, fire / smoke alarms, fire evacuation procedures, fire blankets, first aid kits, drinking water, garbage disposal, repairs & maintenance, etc) and all health and safety equipment in place and operational.
- Ensure all security guards are deployed timely and monthly guards rotation schedules are followed, guards are provided with necessary equipment (phone, torch, rain gear, etc)
- Make monthly reports on the premises and submit to the Operations Officer and Team Leader by the 3rd of every month.
- Verify shipping documents, specifications, quantities and qualities of goods for receipt, storage and prepare dispatch of goods against approved stores requisition forms.
- Track supplies delivered by the suppliers to the field site to ensure that the appropriate documentation i.e. waybills are submitted to Country office.
- Prepare the monthly Warehouse tracker and inventory monthly reports for donors in a timely manner and submit this to the Operations Officer for review and onward submission to Country office by 3rd of every month.
- Ensure the security and safety of all items in the stores.
- Maintain proper and updated stores documentation (stock cards, bin cards, packing lists, waybills, goods received notes, goods returned notes, stores requisitions) and file all copies as appropriate with supporting documents.
- Carry out monthly stock taking in presence of independent observers (Program and Finance) and share the signed report with the Operations Officer and Team Leader.
- Verify, receive, store all supplies and equipment purchased for Programs under the field sites and notify all the requesters to take items out of the store.
- Carry out joint inspections on deliveries together with requesters to confirm that materials delivered conform to the details of the Purchase Order, Delivery Note and or Way Bill and that they are free of any damage before accepting them into the store.
- Store organizational supplies and equipment to ensure safe custody in line with the operations guidelines.
- Issue stores supplies and materials to different departmental / unit users in the field office based on approved stores requisition notes in line with the ALIGHT’s Uganda’s operations guidelines.
- Plan and coordinate with program teams to develop distribution plans and distribute items in the store to beneficiaries in a timely manner.
- Reconcile the physical stock balances by carrying out periodic stock taking in accordance with stores and procurement guidelines.
- Conduct a comprehensive stock taking exercise and check for replenished items and supplies that have either expired or out of stock.
- Receive users’ departments / units requisitions fully authorized, pick, prepack supplies and prepare issue vouchers to acknowledge receipts.
- Generate consumption data for forecasting supplies and determine optimal storage capacity requirements for ALIGHT stock including those of field sites.
- Ensure safety and security of stores, equipment and materials kept in the store.
- Ensure that the store is tidy and well-arranged all the time to ease removal of or getting in materials and or movement of people.
- Timely reporting (dashboard) on warehouse tracker, inventory reports for donors, monthly physical stock count reports.
- Oversee general management of assets, develop and maintain updated asset register, track all assets within your field office
- Prepare monthly Asset reports and share signed copies with the Operations Officer and Logistics Officer at Country Office - Kampala.
- Manage distribution, allocation and tracking movement of all Assets at the field site ensuring all Assets are issued with clear documentation and signed for in the equipment issue form.
- Carry out quarterly physical verification and validation of assets as well as tagging for the field site and share the signed reports with the Operations Officer and Logistics Officer at Country Office - Kampala.
- Prepare the monthly Assets and inventory registers (reports) in a timely manner and submit this to the Country Office by 3rd of every month
- Ensure the safety and security of all ALIGHT Assets under your field location.
- Liaise with the IT department to ensure that all Assets and electronic equipment are maintained and serviced routinely.
- Identify and recommend Assets due for disposal and share the list with the Operations Officer and Country office.
- Create equipment issue forms and asset ID cards, maintain and regularly update the records of assets with users and file all corresponding documents in Field Office.
- Conduct quarterly physical asset verifications across all program sites under the field office in line with the operations guidelines.
- Ensure proper storage, management and up keeping of all ALIGHT assets at the Field office level.
- Ensure that any movement of assets is properly approved, recorded and documented in the equipment issue forms, waybills and asset registers are appropriately updated.
- Maintain a detailed electronic tracking system of all inventory and materials received and issued in line with the stores and donor guidelines.
- Monitor ALIGHT assets using tracking tools and update assets databases, submit incident reports to Operations Officer and Team Leader for any incidents of breakdowns, accidental damages and violation of policies.
- Maintain all ALIGHT / donor assets especially computers, tablets, printers, copiers, satellite phone, etc in good condition.
- Manage and maintain the updated asset and inventory registers for ALIGHT Field Office, update them on a daily basis and ensure that all the new assets are tagged / engraved accordingly.
- Prepare incident reports on losses, damages and theft of assets, corresponding Police Reports, file copies for internal records and escalate incidences to the Operations Officer and Team Leader to follow up insurance claims.
- Manage the Logistics Information Management system for ALIGHT Field Office.
- Monitor the status of all assets including inventories and spearhead their repairs and maintenance in collaboration with IT Officer.
- Work closely with the Operations Officer, Logistics Officer and Logistics and Supply Chain Coordinator (Head of Unit) in all asset disposals for ALIGHT following specific donor procedures and regulations.
- Perform any other duties assigned to you.
- Manage all ALIGHT rentals and lease agreements country wide while tracking their expiry and expedite renewals.
- Looking for office spaces and houses for staff as well as make requests for lease agreements and ensure renewals are raced and processed in timely manner.
- Ensure safe and cost effective staff accommodation as per policy to field staffs.
- Manage and maintain of office buildings, facilities, and utilities for healthy work environment.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics Management /or Operations, Business administration, International trade, CIPS or related
- Minimum of two (3) years of work experience with development or relief organizations working in complex emergency situations and/or development settings
- Minimum two (2) years of managing the operations and coordination experience with development/relief programs at comparable job level.
- Familiarity with private, UN, US government and multilateral donor Logistics requirements and working.
- High proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English; also proficiency in the use of computers and standard application, including use of Information Management Systems (IMS).
- Strong analytical, written and verbal skills
- High level of integrity, accountability and personal ethic
- Good interpersonal skills; ability and inclination to work in/with teams
- High level of self-drive, discipline and desire to achieve
- A go getter requiring minimal supervision to work towards results
- Willingness to travel and stay for extended periods in remote refugee sites to support work.
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Any form of canvassing in the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
"By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that ALIGHT is committed to ensure compliance of its code of conduct by staff and any other persons working on behalf of ALIGHT with zero tolerance to GBV acts and Protection against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. ALIGHT requires its staff and any other person working on behalf of ALIGHT to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse and any nature of exploitation. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding related topics "QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY".