Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning / FRRM OfficerApply for this job
Duty Station:Kampala, UG
Salary Scale:Not Specified
Deadline:Aug 16, 2022 05:00 PM
Number of Positions:1
Age Limit:Not Specified
Download Job DetailsDownload File
Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning / FRRM Officer for our program in Uganda to be based at Kampala Office. You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
Reporting to the MEL Technical Coordinator, the Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning / FRRM Officer will be responsible providing support in the oversight and compilation of data shared from the field locations, identify trends and challenges and produce data required for internal and external reporting. He/she will assist in the monitoring of M&E and FRRM data generation and knowledge management for the organisation in line with ALIGHT goals and objectives. This role’s deliverables will support the MEL Technical Coordinator to be able to conduct higher level analyses on ALIGHT’s data.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting and Accountability:
- Support the implementation and quality assurance of the ALIGHT reporting framework implementation ensuring that accountable staff are adhering to their roles for reporting
- Lead on the generation of compilation reports using field level data to provide country level reports to be utilised for higher level reporting and by ALIGHT management
- Review field office level monthly reports and provide feedback to Field Level MEL Officers and Team Leaders on the quality of reporting coming from the field to ensure continually improvement and progression in the quality of reporting.
- Support the production of high-quality reports that present indicator performance, program activity progress and/or impact of ALIGHT’s program.
- Support the development and compilation of data for quarterly reports, country annual reports, assessment reports and other periodic reports/reviews
- Lead on the reviews of reports with MEL field staff to critically review quality, address any challenges and/or bottlenecks and to continually enhance their reporting responsibilities at field level.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning:
- Support the design, establishment and implementation of the country program MEL and information management approach – including tools development, training and roll out, and information management for programming and decision making.
- Contribute to the department MEL plan development and meetings i.e. planning meeting, monthly meetings to ensure effective MEL implementation
- Support the MEL Technical Coordinator in tracking the quantitative and qualitative data across the field offices in line with the MEL Plan
- Support in the monitoring of the implementation of annual field MEL and FRRM plans and budgets in line with the project goal and ALIGHT financial management guidelines.
- Support the MEL Technical Coordinator in the compilation of data for baseline surveys, assessments, surveys, and post distribution monitoring across all field locations
- Conduct quality level checks on received data from the field
- Support the MEL Technical Coordinator in knowledge management and learning mechanisms to ensure effective capture and management of ALIGHT’s data and knowledge generation
- Monitor the implementation of the monthly data review meetings led by MEL field staff with program teams to enhance internalisation of data status and learning for the program
- Support the quarterly MEL share out sessions across the organisation to lead on internal data dissemination, sharing and learning
- Contribute to internal strategic decision and learning processes utilising data collected from field-level MEL/FRRM reporting.
- Support on the development of data collection tools as need arise and provide any necessary support to review tools developed by field-based MEL/FRRM Officers.
Database and information management:
- Support the management of the ALIGHT organisational databases for generation of data and analysis compiled across the field offices
- Conduct quality checks of the data entry into the ALIGHT databases and identify any anomalies, errors and gaps that need to be addressed and feed this back to MEL field staff
- Monitor the data collection activities conducted at field level ensuring that they supported by necessary documentation (e.g. distribution lists, pre/post exams) to support information management, verification processes and database data entry to required standards.
- Produce data summaries of ALIGHT data generated from data bases to ensure real time reports of progress against indicators and targets across the organisation
- Monitor the MEL field officers M&E data filing and storage
- Conduct data entry into the MEL databases and donor required databases if required.
Monitoring FRRM complaints mechanisms:
- Support the MEL Technical Coordinator in the oversight of the FRRM system across ALIGHT
- Monitor the completion of the periodic field based FRRM reports providing feedback to MEL field staff to support them to follow up with program teams
- Support the MEL Technical Coordinator in producing reports on FRRM trends on complaints to enable feedback to field teams to implement necessary corrective actions.
- Support on other areas required in reporting and knowledge management regarding FRRM
- Support the MEL Coordinator in the provision of guidance and capacity building to MEL field staff for data entry, report writing, analysis generation at field level for review meetings etc.
- In consultation with the MEL Coordinator conduct field visits to deliver tailored one to one capacity building to MEL field staff and to build staff capacity in project MEL/FRRM.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation or Economics or Demography and Statistics or any relevant field with a PGD in Monitoring and Evaluation or related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience with development or relief organizations working in complex emergency situations and/or development settings, including refugees, returnees, displaced, vulnerable and/or conflict affected populations required, with specific experience in M&E and Reporting required;
- Knowledge of institutional donor MEL and Reporting requirements
- Knowledge of common Statistical analysis and database management packages Ms. Access, Ms. Excel, STATA, SPSS, EPiDATA
- Excellent proven report writing skills.
- Knowledge of digital data collection such as Kobo/ODK.
- Passion to learn and to further develop skills and experience in the field of MEL
- Strong analytical, written and verbal skills;
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Good interpersonal, communication skills & organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, hit deadlines, and produce high-quality outputs;
- Willingness to travel and stay for extended periods in remote refugee sites to support work flows.
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Any form of canvassing in the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
"By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that ALIGHT is committed to ensure compliance of its code of conduct by staff and any other persons working on behalf of ALIGHT with zero tolerance to GBV acts and Protection against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. ALIGHT requires its staff and any other person working on behalf of ALIGHT to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse and any nature of exploitation. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding related topics". "QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY".